Tuesday, June 21, 2011

One Wiser Then I!

Fall 1988.
Lately I have had a great desire to just go back in time.  Back when all of my children were home, safe and sound.  Where the only worries were who's turn it was to do the dishes and if homework got done.  Back when problems were usually fixed with a kiss, a hug, and a care bear band-aid.  Back when we didn't have to worry about being so far apart and cars and jobs and being alone, and being left out of fun times and everything else.  I miss my children and miss being able to fix what is wrong with a kiss and a hug. 

April 1990.
Of course, today I'd want to have Amy, Job, Kurt, Isabelle, Wendell, Porter, Brooklyn, Annie and Mary with us also. 

I wonder if Heavenly Father has these feelings as He sends us out into this world, knowing that we will struggle and fall and get hurt and get lost.  He is much wiser so I think it is probably easier for Him knowing that only through the struggles and challenges will we be happy, progress and grow and become more like Him.   I think the hardest thing must be watching us struggle and waiting, hand outstretched, for us to turn to Him. He can see what is ahead for us and know so much better what is for the best. I hope I have gotten quicker at reaching for His help.  He is always there and always makes the burdens lighter to bare.  Especially now, with all of the children grown and on their own I feel great comfort in turning them all over to His care each day.  After all they were His children first and His love for them is so great and He is so much wiser. 
Grandma Beth, Kimberly, Brooklyn, Isabelle, Brenda, Lori, Wendell, Richard, Amy, Grandma Palmer.
Job, Brittney, Porter, Christina, Annie, Grandma Palmer, Brenda, Craig, Brooklyn, Lori.
The struggles are still there and we still have car problems and get sick and miss being with the ones we love but with Heavenly Father's help the burdens are a little bit lighter and the way to go is a little more clear.  I really do love and miss all of my family.  It is always wonderful to spend time with them but it is usually to short and to quick.  Remember you are in my prayers always and my kisses and hugs, though not always able to solve the problems, are always here for you.  Especially remember that you are watched over by one far wiser then I who waits, hand outstretched to help.  Ask!
P.S.  We really did miss you Kurt!




No comments:

Post a Comment