Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The Hills Are Alive!


For Father's Day I had planned on a quiet day of puttering around the house and then taking my husband out for a nice dinner and a movie. Of course he had other plans. He really wanted to go fishing and none of his fishing buddies were available so he asked me to go along. I really did have other plans but it was his day so I packed a couple of books, the camera and a folding chair and we picked up sandwiches and off we went. We headed for our favorite spot at Frasier Flats. It was really beautiful and the weather was perfect but the rivers were very high and very fast and very cold. Not the best for fishing.


He strapped on his gear and after making repeated promises to be very, extra, incredibly, super careful, he drove off and left me settled in with my book. It didn't take very long for me to get restless so I put the book away, got out the camera and set off exploring. There was amazing water, beautiful flowers, and I even came across a ladybug hatch. 

 There was so much water in the rivers and it was really just spring for the rest of the forest. So many flowers and insects and trees budding out. I truly do love the mountains. They feed my soul and nourish my spirit. I want to go camping.



I actually walked quite a ways taking pictures and looking for the flowering dogwood I had seen on the drive down.  It didn't take Craig long to figure out that the fishing was lousy and dangerous so we met up as I made my way back to the picnic site.  From there we headed up to Clark's Fork to check out Camp Liahona and see if the fishing was any better up there. (It wasn't)

Then we stopped at Pinecrest reservoir.  We went on a lovely, twilight paddle boat ride and watched the fish jumping around us while my husband wished he hadn't left his gear in the car.  It was a lovely day in the beautiful mountains.  Maybe next time he can even catch some fish.

1 comment: