Thursday, August 18, 2011

It Brings Back Memories


While staying with Richard's family this past month I had ample opportunities to take pictures of very cute kids.  My main subjects; Isabelle, 4 1/2 years old, Wendell, 2 1/2 years old and Mary, 1 month old.  I have pictures of swimming, playing, dancing, singing, dress-up, etc.  Every once in a while I could get all three to hold still and be good at the same time to take a group picture.  Not often but a few times.  When I was going through the pictures these few seemed so familiar. 
Here are my three, Christina, not quite 4, Richard, 2 and Brittney, 1 week.  The similarities don't end there.  We moved when Brittney was 1 month and Richard and Amy moved when Mary was 6 weeks. (Of course, we moved about 45 miles and they moved 1900 miles but moving is moving.) 
I really enjoy being a mom, as exhausting and messy and demanding as it is.  It is the best job in the whole wide world.  I had amazing children who grew up to be amazing adults with the only major complaint being that they live so far away.   I am sure as time goes by there will be more de ja vu moments. (Yes, I have been working on my french.  It helped pass some of those 1900 miles.)  I am grateful for those I get to witness and participate it.  Keep up the good work, kids.  I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment